DarjeelingJuly 28, 2016
Alluring AndamansJuly 28, 2016
Mountains, Monasteries and Magic. The country where rice is red and chillies are not just seasoning but a main dish. A deeply Buddhist land where monks check their smartphones after a divination and where the culture carefully embraces global developments.
No. of Nights : 05
Cities Covered : Thimpu | Paro | Punakha
Valid From : 30 July – 31 October 2016
Cost Per Person : INR 22,299 on twin sharing basis
DAY 01 Paro to Thimphu (65 KM – 1.30 hrs drive)
Arrive at Paro International Airport. Complete Immigration formalities and transfer to Thimphu. Check in to your hotel. After lunch proceed for a sightseeing of the capital of Bhutan which includes the following places of interest:
- Memorial Chorten – A monument, built in 1974 to honour the 3rd King of Bhutan, Jigme Dorji Wangchuck (1928–1972), is a prominent landmark in the city with its golden spires and bells.
- Kuensel Phodrang – World’s Largest Sitting Buddha Statue.
- Takin Reserve - A wildlife reserve area for Takin, the national animal of Bhutan.
- BBS Tower – Provides a vantage point view of the Thimphu Valley.
- Royal Textile Academy of Bhutan – A National Centre for professional training in weaving design and production of Bhutanese Textile.
Overnight stay in Thimphu.
Day 2 Thimpu Tour
After breakfast, proceed for the below tour of Thimpu.
- Tashichhoedzong - The seat of the government since 1952 and presently houses the throne room and offices of the king, the secretariat and the ministries of home affairs and finance
- Folk Heritage Museum - Established in 2001 and provides with fascinating insights into the Bhutanese material culture and way of life. The Folk Heritage Museum is set inside a three storied, 19th century traditional house.
- Anim Dratsang(Nunnery) - A Buddhist Monastery, built in 1976 by the 16th emanation of Thangtong Gyalpo, Drubthob Rikey Jadrel. Currently, the nunnery is home to about 60 nuns.
- Art and Crafts School
- Handicraft Emporium.
Day 03 Thimphu – Punakha via Dochu La (80 KM, 3.5 hours driving)
After breakfast, proceed towards Punakha, located at an elevation of 1,200 meters above sea level and by the two main rivers of Bhutan, the Pho Chu and Mo Chu.
- Dochu La (30 KM, 1 hour driving time) - A mountain pass, offers a stunning 360 degree panoramic view of Eastern Himalayan mountain ranges comes on the way to Punakha. The view is especially scenic on clear, winter days with snowcapped mountains forming a majestic backdrop to the tranquility of the 108 Chortens gracing the mountain pass. Halt here for some time and then proceed to visit Chimi Lakhang – Fertility Temple and Punakha Dzong – the marvelous Fortress, situated on the confluence of the Pho Chu and Mo Chu.
Overnight stay in Punakha.
Day 04 Punakha – Paro (150 kms, 4.5 hours driving)
After breakfast, check out of your hotel and proced to Paro.
The Paro valley extends from the confluence of the Paro Chhu and the Wang Chhu rivers at Chuzom upto Mt. Jomolhari at the Tibetan border to the North. This picturesque region is one of the widest valleys in the kingdom and is covered in fertile rice fields and has a beautiful, crystalline river meandering down the valley.
After checking into your hotel, you would proceed for a sightseeing tour of Paro which would include the following places:
- Kyichu Lakhang – Famous Monastery in Paro.
- Ta Dzong – National Musuem of Bhutan.
- Rimpung Dzong or Paro Dzong – Buddhist Monastery & Fortress
- Tiger’s Nest View Point
Day 05 Paro – Chele La - Paro (45 KM, 1 hr driving)
After breakfast, proceed for a day excursion to Chele La pass (12,200ft) - The highest motorable point in Bhutan.
On a clear day one can get a breathtaking view of Mt.Jhomolhari (23,996 ft the second highest peak of Bhutan) and other Himalayan giants. Visit Paro handicraft market during evening time.
Day 05 Depart
Breakfast at the hotel.
Check Out and proceed to the airport for onward / departure flight.
- Stay as per above itinerary at hotels specified or similar
- Daily breakfast (starting from day 02)
- All Entry Fees
- All Sightseeing as per Itinerary
- Cost of airfare / visa / travel insurance
- Cost of any meals, unless specified
- All prices are based on minimum 2 Adult passengers traveling together at all times and are subject to change at the time of booking.
- Rates are not valid during surcharge/ exhibition / convention dates. Surcharges will be applicable for travel during this time.
- Above is just a quote and rooms and airline seats are strictly subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Meals, Tips, Laundry, telephone, optional excursions and other items of a personal nature.
- Cost of foreign exchange for personal use.
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary ‘Inclusions’ head.
- Govt Service Tax of 4.625%.
- All rates are valid for Indian passport holders only